Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Elton John receives invitation to royal wedding


Elton John has revealed that, after expecting not to be asked to Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding in April, that an invitation did land on his and David Furnish’s doorstep.

He had said before that, despite being a close friend of Diana’s, he had not been expecting the couple to invite them.

He said: “I’ve only met them [William and Harry] twice: once when they were young and once at the Diana Memorial Concert. I knew their mother, but that is the only thing. I’m not playing at the wedding. I haven’t been asked and I don’t expect to be asked.”

However the singer, who recently became a father, revealed to CTV: “We do have an invitation. I’ve been trying to be discreet.”

He described the similarities between Kate Middleton and Prince William’s mother, Diana.

“Kate is Diana in personality. She is very discreet, she is a very beautiful girl. They have been together a long time and I think she has handled the pressure so much.”

Other notable names among the 1,900 invitees to the wedding on 29 April include David and Victoria Beckham, Ben Fogle and Joanna Lumley.

It not not clear whether Elton John and David Furnish’s son, Zachary, will attend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment